The Technical Design phase was completed in summer 2018, identifying a new product suite based on the Samvera framework. Participants reviewed the requirements, user profiles, and policies identified in the Discovery Phase and outlined a set of integrated products utilizing the Samvera digital repository framework.
Key outcomes for this phase included a systems architecture, preliminary repository roadmap, and business case for implementation.
Cor Product Suite - Summary
(1) Custom Blacklight-based application for discovery and delivery of repository assets
(2) Hyrax-based applications
- Support Library Staff vs. Self Depositor use cases
- Shared Fedora, SOLR
- Shared & distinct DB components
- Compatible content models, metadata
- Distinct features/access/workflows
Additional Preservation & storage features
- Preservation actions & audits
- Binary files stored external to Fedora
- Export preservation packages to 3rd party services